Since 2015, after a competitive process, the ASSURE team has served as the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Center of Excellence (COE) for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS). ASSURE is responsible for conducting all the academic research to support the FAA’s effort to safely, efficiently, and effectively integrate unmanned systems into the national airspace system to increase the benefits to the public and commerce.
ASSURE has leveraged its role as the FAA UAS COE and all its experience, knowledge, and networking to expand it support to both national international regulators, other government agencies, standards groups, and industries.
- FAA Awards $2.8 Million in Drone Research Grants to ASSURE’s Five Research Universities
- Reuters’ Story Highlights How ASSURE, WiBotic and University of Montana Collaborate to Upgrade UAS Battery Power, Recharging Technology to Use Drones to Help Fight Wildfires
- Kansas State Polytechnic Webinar on FAA UAS Regulation Changes Shared Globally, Recording Accessible
- FAA Grants $5.8 Million to Center of Excellence, ASSURE, Led by Mississippi State University
- ASSURE Research Partner, UAF, Makes Alaska’s First Large Drone Flight from an International Airport
- ASSURE Research Partner, Embry-Riddle, Receives Federal Grant to Improve Drone Safety
- Mississippi State’s Raspet Flight Lab, an ASSURE Research Partner, Working with 911 Security to Ensure Safe Drone Use On Campus
- Executive Director, Colonel (Retired) Stephen ‘Lux’ Luxion will represent ASSUREuas for upcoming testimony before the Senate’s Subcommittee on Aviation Safety, Operations and Innovation Hearing
- ASSURE Leader Joins Top Officials at Resiliency of Airspace WRP Principals’ Meeting
- Current Unmanned Aircraft State Law Landscape
ASSURE allows industry and government agencies direct access to the capabilities and expertise of 26 universities and their researchers worldwide. The skills, abilities, and experience housed within ASSURE are critical to the success of our mission and the mission of our many partnering entities. The ASSURE organization is passionate about quality and meaningful research that safely and efficiently brings UAS into the National Airspace. If you see a topic area you would like to know more about please contact us directly for more information.
Related Research Projects