Training and Certification
ASSURE has researched, developed, and provided education, training, and credentialing of systems, operators, maintainers, and first responders. Additionally, we have provided recommendations to the FAA on what future training and certification regulations should be.
- Embry-Riddle, an ASSURE Research University, and AIRT Partner to Study Public Safety and Emergency Services Use of Drones
- Kansas State Polytechnic Webinar on FAA UAS Regulation Changes Shared Globally, Recording Accessible
- FAA Grants $5.8 Million to Center of Excellence, ASSURE, Led by Mississippi State University
- K-State Polytechnic Joins FAA’s Collegiate Unmanned Aircraft Systems Training Initiative
- K-State Salina UAS students gain real-world experience in project involving industry partners
- University of Alabama to lead NOAA institute to advance water and flood prediction—will use ASSURE Partner UAH Research Centers for UAS and IT Expertise
- ASSURE Partner, K-State Salina, Led Innovation Competition, Rewards Drone Enthusiasts for Their Innovative Ideas
- Mississippi State’s Raspet Flight Lab, an ASSURE Research Partner, Working with 911 Security to Ensure Safe Drone Use On Campus
- NBC5 features ASSURE’S research partnership with University of Vermont and how they are teaching first responders how drones can benefit their jobs
- Via VermontBiz.com, ‘First responders take flight with FEMA—Federal Emergency Management Agency—funded drone training program at the University of Vermont’
- Via New England Cable News aka NECN, ‘The University of Vermont partnering to conduct national research for drone use in emergencies’
- Via WAMC Northeast Public Radio, ‘Drone training for first responders at the University of Vermont’
ASSURE allows industry and government agencies direct access to the capabilities and expertise of 26 universities and their researchers worldwide. The skills, abilities, and experience housed within ASSURE are critical to the success of our mission and the mission of our many partnering entities. The ASSURE organization is passionate about quality and meaningful research that safely and efficiently brings UAS into the National Airspace. If you see a topic area you would like to know more about please contact us directly for more information.
Related Research Projects